APPLICATION: Adding chain and banner is a process associated with Points of Sale registration. With this information in hands you can set a product assortment to each banner and generate precise reports such as survey results in specific banners or chains.
Required reading: Chain and Banner’s Concept.
There are two ways you can add chain and banners on Involves Stage Web: importing them when importing your POS or adding them one by one manually.
Notice that banners are subordinated to a chain, therefore it is critical for you to start your operation adding a chain by following the path: Menu > Points of Sale > Chains.
While accessing the Chains sub-menu, you can select Only from this Project? on the filter field. By default, keep this option selected to access only the registers on the project in which you are currently working. Underneath this option there’s a list of all chains registered on the system or resulted from a search. To add a new chain:
- Click New on the right bottom corner;
- On the next page, insert the name of the Chain;
- If your company wants to adopt a new way to identify the chains they work with, fill out the Chain Code field;
- Then, click the Save button on the right bottom corner;
- You can also click the Save and Add Banner option to go to the next step.
A Chain will be considered inactive on the system until linked to a Banner. So, you'll only be able to access it on your list of Chain after adding its banners.
When you're done adding all your chains, you can start adding the banners by following this path: Menu > Points of Sale > Banners
When accessing Banners, the system will display all the banners already added or the ones filtered during your search. To add a new banner:
- Click New, on the right bottom corner.
- On the next page, insert the name of the Banner;
- On the Chain field, select the one to which the banner belongs;
- By default, keep the All Product Lines? option selected. This option can be unchecked when working with a banner-specific Product Assortment;
- Click Save on the right bottom corner;
- You can also click on the Save and Add Point of Sale option, to go to the next step.
It’s also possible to add chain and banner importing them along with Points of Sale. You can learn a bit more here: Importing Points of Sale. Before registering any point of sale, please check the Concept of macroregional and Regional again.
Keep in mind that companies in Electronics may have a different way of categorizing chains and banners in their system, but they usually adopt the same name of their distribution channel. For instance: Motorola might register AT&T provider as a Chain and Banner, because providers also work as stores.