APPLICATION: The Access Profile feature lets you set which functionalities will be active for a group of Involves Stage users on either the Web or App platform. It’s possible to define a different access profile for each employee in your company.
REQUIRED READINGS: Access Profile’s Concept, Access Profile’s Permissions.
When setting an access profile, you can define which features will be active for a group of users to access on the system be it Web or App. You have three options to get started:
- New: Add an Access Profile from scratch.
- Default Model: Add a new template-based Access Profile. Available templates include Field Team, Supervisor and Project Leader.
- Existing Group: Add a new Access Profile using any other existing profile as a model. This is a useful option whenever you add a new employee with a similar access profile.
If you want to add a new profile from scratch, just select Menu > Employees > Access Profiles:
- Click on New, on the right bottom corner of the page.
- On the Create Access Profile pop-up, select the New field;
- Then click on Create Access Profile;
On the Access Profile Details page, you can complete the profile data and select the permissions you wish to grant your employee for web or App access. By default, select Active on the Access Profile Status field.
This is an alternative to deleting the profile. That way you can deactivate a profile you will no longer use and still keep any important data. When deactivating a profile, the employees linked to it will lose access and their Apps will be unlinked.
On the Access Profile Data field:
- Insert an Access Profile Name;
- Add a description;
- Select the Hierarchy Level from 1 to 9.
Choose yes or no for each option on the Access Profile Permissions section:
- Access to Dashboard?
- Show Operation Indicators on Dashboard?
- Access to Chat?
- Chat with other Regionals?
- Chat only with Employee's Macroregional?
- Chat only with Superior Hierarchy?
- Access to Monitoring?
- Monitoring by Hierarchy?
- Access to Message History of all Employees?
- Limit Mobile Access to 1 Device?
Each login and password defined on Employees Details can be used to access both the app and the web system, including your supervisors and your field employees.
Here it’s also possible to define the permissions for Web and App access. It will affect the way each user will be able to view the menus on the Web or on the App. Next to the name of the menu there are some permission options. On Search you can search for the name of a specific resource.
You can set the resources available for web access on the Permissions for Web Access Profile tab. You can define the permissions into:
- No Access: The user won’t be able to access this resource.
- Read: The user will able to access the resource but not edit it.
- Write: The user will able to edit any registered data or delete them. The system allows you to check only one option (and the Write option comprehends the Read option too).
The features that start with “My” are usually active for low hierarchic level access profiles. Typically, the field teams have few features active on their web access, so those will be checked as No Access. Resources like My Photo Report, My Itinerary, My Surveys and My Tasks are usually marked as Read.
Examples of permissions:
You can set the resources available on the App on the Permissions for Mobile Access Profile tab. You can define the permissions as:
- Active: The resources will be available on the App.
- Inactive: The resources won’t be available on the App.
Pay attention to the hierarchy between permissions. For instance: In Permissions for Mobile Access Profile you should set the options for Justifying several actions including the carrying out of Tasks. Whenever necessary to set the Justify Pending Tasks Every Day option, you should also activate the Task Justification function.
Please sign in to leave a comment.